When it came to purchasing e-liquid for their electronic cigarettes, vapers had very few choices not long ago. Without people modeled or DIYed, either a gigantic cartridge or a few e-liquid products are mostly high-PG products. They can pick between high PG and high VG, nicotine salts and freebase, and a whole lot more, and that’s before they even get to the flavor options. In certain ways, this diversity is a positive thing, as it allows them to create a fully personalized vaping experience that fits their tastes. However, for someone who is just getting started with e-juice, it can be frustrating. Let’s look at the various forms of vape juice and how people can figure out which ones are best for them.
It helps people understand a few main words that they can hear on occasion in the world of vaping. When looking for the right e-liquid, they can come across words like:
- Nicotine salts: This is a form of e-juice that uses the salts found naturally in tobacco leaves to create a smoother throat hit. Freebase liquid, on the other hand, is e-liquid that does not contain these nicotine salts.
- Hybrid e-liquids: Both nicotine salts and freebase nicotine are present in these juices.
- Propylene Glycol: PG is thinner than VG in e-liquid and has a stronger throat effect.
- Vegetable Glycerin: VG is slightly sweeter than PG and produces a smoother throat hit.
- Mouth to lung: MTL means a vaporization method that consists of drawing and holding the vapor into the mouth shortly before inhaling in the lung.
- Direct to lung: DTL means that the vapor is inhaled directly into the lungs.
People would need to find the right nicotine intensity for them, whether they are using a basic e-cigarette or an advanced vape mod. The trick is that if they select a nicotine level that is too low, they will not find vaping to be satisfying enough and will be less likely to successfully quit smoking. They can experience the unpleasant symptoms of nicotine overload if they choose a juice with too much nicotine.
- If a user smokes 15-20 or more cigarettes a day, more smokers may wish to look for more nicotine-consuming e-liquids. That way, even though they don’t smoke, they’ll be more able to fulfil their cravings.
- If the consumer smokes less or prefers light cigarettes, they may normally select an e-juice with lower nicotine content. In general, it’s a good idea to start low and work their way up if necessary.
People will soon discover an entire universe of possibilities while shopping for their first bottle of e-liquid. Their flavor preferences are unique, and the only way to discover them is to simply experiment. The most important thing is to figure out whether they prefer tobacco or menthol flavors or something completely different, like fruity or candy flavors. However, the only way to discover what they enjoy is to try it. In reality, many people find that trying new e-juices is one of the most enjoyable aspects of vaping, so don’t be shocked if users end up with a sizable list of favorites.