People are nowadays wary of touching any surface without sanitizing or disinfecting it. It has become a new norm. Whether you’re at home or work or traveling, you must keep your hands clean to stay safe from the coronavirus.
If you are looking to buy a hand sanitizer gel, you will come across several types of hand rubs that claim to kill 99.9% of germs and viruses. But are they effective? And how long does the effect of these sanitizers last? Let’s get to know more about it.
- Typically, a normal hand sanitizer is alcohol-based, which means the alcohol concentration is 60% to 70% or more. Once you apply the liquid or gel, it helps kill the harmful germs and protects you from infections and diseases.
- It is the best alternative to soap and water as you can carry the sanitizer bottle wherever you want and stay safe from the virus.
- While traveling or at work, you can sanitize your hands before eating food, after using the toilet, coughing or sneezing, etc. It is convenient and kills the germs instantly.
- However, one should be using hand sanitizer gel when there is no soap and water access. Washing your hand with soap and water is the best way to kill the germs. On the other hand, a sanitizer provides protection only for some time.
- As soon as you sanitize your hand, there is no residual left on your hands. A hand gel’s effect lasts only for a few minutes. Hence, you have to constantly sanitize your hands whenever you touch any surface or an object.
- Your hands get exposed to dirt, and the sanitizer’s effect goes away as and when you touch any potentially infected surfaces such as elevator buttons, doors, counters, drawers, tap, fences, etc. Hence, it cannot be considered the best option, but it is a convenient alternative to washing your hands.
- If your hands are visibly dirty or soiled, using a hand sanitizer gel won’t have any effect. In such a case, you will have to clean your hands with soap and water.
- Experts recommend using alcohol-based sanitizers that contain up to 70% alcohol. One of the downsides of the alcohol-based sanitizer is it can make hands dry and leave you vulnerable to skin problems such as itch and irritation. In such a situation, you can opt for Germ Kill Hand Gel, which consists of vitamin C nutrients that kill the germs and makes your skin soft. You can easily buy sanitizer online.
When you have to be careful before touching anything, a hand sanitizer gel can come in handy. It is an easy and convenient option to kill germs without using water. However, experts are in favour of washing hands with soap and water whenever possible.